Saturday, October 5, 2013

H.R.H. Prince Oscar of Prussia (1888 - 1958)


1888, August 31[1]
H.R.H. Prince Oscar of Prussia
Parents: T.I.M. The Emperor and Empress of Germany
Place: The Schloss, Potsdam
Names: Oskar Karl Gustav Adolf
Godparents:[2]
H.I.M. The Empress of Austria (represented by H.I. & R.H. Archduchess Maria Theresa of Austria)
H.M. The King of Sweden
H.M. The Queen of Italy (represented)
H.M. The Queen of Saxony (held the baby over the font)
H.R.H. the Grand Duke of Mecklenburg-Schwerin
H.R.H. the Grand Duchess of Mecklenburg-Schwerin
H.R.H. the Grand Duchess of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenbach (represented)
H.R.H. the Princess of Wales (represented)
H.I. & R.H. Archduke Charles Louis of Austria[3]
H.I.H. Grand Duke Vladimir of Russia (represented)
H.I.H. Grand Duchess Maria Pavlovna of Russia (represented)
H.R.H. Princess Henry of Prussia (represented)
H.R.H. Princess Sophie of Prussia
H.R.H. Prince Friedrich Leopold of Prussia
H.R.H. Prince Alexander of Prussia[4]
H.R.H. the Prince of Hohenzollern (represented)
H.R.H. the Princess of Hohenzollern (represented)

Guests:
H.I.M. Empress Augusta, Dowager German Empress
H.I.M. Empress Friedrich, Dowager German Empress
H.I. & R.H. the German Crown Prince
H.R.H. Prince Eitel Friedrich of Prussia
H.R.H. Prince Adalbert of Prussia
H.R.H. Princess Victoria of Prussia
H.R.H. Princess Sophie of Prussia
H.R.H. Princess Margarethe of Prussia



[1] The Times September 1, 1888
[2] http://amtspresse.staatsbibliothek-berlin.de
[3] The Times August 25, 1888
[4] The Kaiser and his Court, Rohl, john C.G., page 231

No comments:

Post a Comment